Skip to content
- What was unique about the setting of The Vanishing Wife and how did it enhance or take away from the story?
- What specific themes did the author emphasize throughout the novel? What do you think he was trying to get across to the reader?
- Do the characters seem real and believable? Do any of them remind you of someone you know?
- How do Mason Seaforth and Marcie Kane change or evolve throughout the course of the story? What events trigger the changes?
- How did you feel about the characters? Who did you like or not like and why?
- What did you think of the plot line development?
- What moral/ethical choices did Mason Seaforth make? What did you think of his choices?
- Mason was threatened if he called the authorities. Should he have called anyway? Was it worth the risk? What would you do in that situation?
- Put yourself in Mason’s situation. How far would you go to find a loved one who has disappeared?