1. What was unique about the setting of A Perilous Question and how did it enhance or take away from the story?
2. What specific themes did the author emphasize throughout the novel? What do you think he was trying to get across to the reader?
3. Do the characters seem real and believable? Can you relate to their predicaments? Do any of them remind you of someone you know?
4. How do the characters change or evolve throughout the course of the story? What events trigger the changes?
5. How did you feel about the characters? Who did you like or not like and why?
6. What did you think of the plot line development?
7. What moral/ethical choices did Marcie Kane make? What did you think of her choices?
8. Did Shoni make ethical or moral choices that you wished she had done differently?
9. Is Shoni’s situation the result of freedom of choice? Destiny? Bad luck? Where she was born? Her family life?
10. What effect does Shoni’s home life have on her personality?